I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Apple Crumble Bread Pudding

This recipe was definitely an accident, but one worth sharing.

Yesterday, when I was demonstrating the apple muffins for the Bakery Basics Review lab, I forgot the sugar. I also doubled the flour. (I have edited my materials to be more clear.)
I wasn't about to throw away a dozen muffins.  Sure, they were crumbly and bland, but they were not terrible and were still edible.

So, I made bread pudding!

I crumbled the muffins in the bottom of a buttered casserole, drizzled the crumbs with 2 T melted butter, and sprinkled with 1/3 C brown sugar and 1 t cinnamon.
I whisked together 3 eggs, 2 1/2 C milk, 1 t vanilla, and 1/3 C sugar and poured the mixture over top.

Bake at 350 for 75 minutes.
Not only was this edible, it was FANTASTIC! This is a mistake worth making on purpose. ;)
Mmm... Crumbly caramel goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment