I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bakery Basics Review Lab: Apple Muffins

Students are back and the new Bakery students are anxious to get to the kitchens.  This Bakery Basics Review Lab: Apple Muffins is a great way to get them there.

Students will convert the recipe to make 12 muffins as bell work.  I will demonstrate proper safety and sanitation, measuring, and preparation. Then students will be dismissed to demonstrate their understanding.

As homework, students will calculate unit price, define vocabulary, and describe proper measurement techniques.



We used to spend several days reviewing concepts from Food and Nutrition, but this is a much quicker and tastier way to teach the same concept. Now on to Ingredient Functions!

No comments:

Post a Comment