I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Tilapia Cooking Methods Lab

Today students demonstrated various cooking methods with tilapia.

Parmesan crusted tilapia demonstrated baking,
Cracker-crusted fish demonstrated frying,
And poached fish demonstrated poaching.
It was a nice lab for this time of year because there are excellent sales on fish. I do not have a seafood unit in my curriculum so it is nice to give the students some experience.

You can download my recipes and materials here.

2 comments:

  1. I recently discovered your blog/website and love how you combine so many areas into your lessons, activities and labs! I live in an area where I don't have much access to fresh fish....would chicken tenders be a good substitution?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use frozen tilapia and thaw it in cold water, but I'm sure chicken tenders would teach the same objectives. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete