I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Recycle and ReDesign

I love teaching culinary skills and am blessed to be at a school that allows me to concentrate on one area. But my true love outside of work is textiles! My co-worker asked me to share some of my projects with her class for their recycle and redesign project.
To begin I had the students guess how much money my outfit cost. I'm wearing:
  • Izod floral shirt
  • Silver brand embroidered jeans
  • BCBG Boots
  • Fossil Belt
The closet student guessed $12 and won a beanie that I crocheted from unraveled yarn. The actual cost was $9.35.

I also showed them my T-shirt quilt, quilts that I made from vintage sheets, and bags that I crocheted from plastic bags. It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment