I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Food & Nutrition Syllabus

It's already the start of a new school year!  I am happy to be back and am looking forward to this term.  I am teaching three sections of my favorite class, Food and Nutrition.

One of the first things we do in every class is share the syllabus.  You can find my Food and Nutrition syllabus here.

While my I am not a believer in the "Don't smile until Christmas" advice, my syllabi tend to be pretty strict.  I like to cover all of my bases.

Some highlights include...

  • Workmanship.  All work will be labeled and no "Txt" slang will be accepted.  I would never throw away an assignment based on this, but students need a gentle reminder.
  • Electronics policy. I handle each incidence on a case-by-case basis but have a strict policy in the syllabus.
  • Dress code. Every teacher handles this differently so I like to discuss it right away.
Okay, vets...
  • What makes your syllabi unique?
  • What additions have you made to your syllabi over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment