One of the first things we do in every class is share the syllabus. You can find my Food and Nutrition syllabus here.
While my I am not a believer in the "Don't smile until Christmas" advice, my syllabi tend to be pretty strict. I like to cover all of my bases.
Some highlights include...
- Workmanship. All work will be labeled and no "Txt" slang will be accepted. I would never throw away an assignment based on this, but students need a gentle reminder.
- Electronics policy. I handle each incidence on a case-by-case basis but have a strict policy in the syllabus.
- Dress code. Every teacher handles this differently so I like to discuss it right away.
- What makes your syllabi unique?
- What additions have you made to your syllabi over the years?