I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

FACS Portion Sizing Lab Formative Assessment

On the day after the portion sizing lab, students review their math with a formative assessment.

A restaurant offers a 12 oz T-Bone steak.
  • If there are 240 calories per serving of steak, how many calories are in this steak? 
  • How many servings of meat are you consuming? 
You want to order the 5 Cheese Ziti Al Forno from Olive Garden.
  • If there are 1400 calories in this 12 oz dish, how many calories are in one serving? 
  • If you ate this whole dish, how many servings of pasta would you eat? 
This is a way for them to demonstrate their knowledge of pasta and meat serving sizes (4 oz, 3 oz) as well as practice the math they learned from the lab.

Follow my portion sizes Pinterest board!





No comments:

Post a Comment