I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Knife Skills Soup Lab Update

Small Berti Chef's KnifeYet another week of 90+ degree temperatures in Iowa left me with early dismissals on Monday and Tuesday.  I was appreciative to leave my 86 degree classroom but bummed at the effect on the knife skills lab.  With a couple tweeks, everything is back in order.  My layout is now similar to a standard one hour class.


Day 1 (One hour)
  • I demonstrated the cutting skills for the soup
  • Students labeled the parts of a knife with the first five minutes of American Slicer
Day 2 (One hour)
  • Students reviewed cutting skills with the remaining 15 minutes of American Slicer
  • Students cut the vegetables for their soup
Day 3 (Full 85-minute block)
  • Cook soup
  • Utensil identification quiz activity
  • Eat soup
  • Clean up soup

No comments:

Post a Comment