I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Popcorn Race Vocabulary Game

I'm always looking for ways to make our sexuality unit a little less awkward for my Teen Insights students. I came across this idea from Regurgitated Alpha Bits, the blog of an elementary teacher. She uses this game to review multiplication tables.

I have several decks of cards with vocabulary words and terms.  I distribute all of the cards to the class being sure that every student has at least two.

I choose a word to start. The student with the definition reads it. That same student reads a new word. On and on until the deck is finished.

After I demonstrated this to the whole class I divided my students into two smaller groups with their own deck. The groups race to see who can make it through their deck first.

I like this activity because the students are under pressure to find their words quickly and review the definition.  They don't have time to hesitate or feel awkward about the words they are assigned. The light peer pressure also encourages the students to study their words so they are not the student to hold their group behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment