I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Stock up on Easter Sale Items

It's Easter time! Of course the true importance of this holiday is a personal one, it is also a good time to stock up on items that will keep your budget down for next year.
Things you will find at great prices this week include:

  • Ham Bones are a great way to demonstrate stock. They could also be used in cooking dried beans demonstration.
  • Pork products. No matter how much I hate the smell of cooking meat, my students still insist on sneaking bacon into every creative project. I hope this trend ends soon! :) The Iowa Pork Checkoff offers vouchers for purchasing pork for classroom use.
  • Peeps are great for demonstrating how a microwave works.  They are so much more fun than plain marshmallows. (And they are CHEEP! this time of year ;) )
  • Sugar! My local HyVee has it priced for just $.99 for 4 lbs, limit four per customer.
  • Flour! HyVee has it for $1.68 for 5 lbs, no limit!
  • Not a sale item, but fun to note that pies cost $10 on sale! What a great fundraiser or business idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment