I moved!

I moved! You can find me at my new online home, KaylaPins.com!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ways We Communicate Journal

I use this journal entry to introduce our unit on Effective Communication. It is a great way for students to brainstorm all of the ways we communicate.
It's your birthday! During the day, several members with you a happy birthday and let you know that they care about you. You enjoy receiving their messages. One person in your family says, "I love you, have a happy birthday!" Another gives you a hug. You get cards in the mail from distant relatives. Your Facebook wall is filled with good wishes. For dinner your family prepares your favorite foods. Someone else even does your household chores for you! As you begin to open your gifts, you think of all the different kinds of loving messages you have received from family and friends that day.

Identify all of the ways that communication occurred in the events of your day. List some other ways "Happy Birthday" could have been communicated.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment